Friday, April 24, 2015

Mini Breakfast Pizzas

Convenience foods are great, but they can also break a grocery budget. So, I have a 'rule of thumb' for purchasing refrigerated crescent rolls and biscuits.

$1 or less: Stock Up.
$1.25: Get What I Need
More than $1.25: Leave It

Well, I had stocked biscuits. They are great plain, but it takes forever to eat the leftovers. They just taste best fresh and flaky from the oven. So, I brainstormed ways to use them in our main dish. For some reason, breakfast pizza came to mind.


After rolling each biscuit into approximately 6" by 6", I pre-baked them for about 5 minutes to prevent doughy centers. While they were cooking I fried some chopped bacon, green pepper, and mushrooms. Then I scrambled about 4 eggs in the bacon grease. The biscuit crust was topped with this mixture and some cheddar cheese. I popped it back into the oven for about 15 minutes...and we enjoyed them for the next several breakfasts.

Bonus-This recipe is toddler tested and approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment