Friday, June 20, 2014

Cloth Diaper Review: Best Bottom-Part 1


I purchased the Best Bottom diaper after reading several blogs recommending it for nighttime use. However, I have not purchased the overnight inserts or the doubler, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness for that length of time. Best Bottom covers are one size, but their inserts are sized small, medium, and large.



The Best Bottom is a hybrid diaper. You use snaps to secure the 'stuffins' inside the diaper. Sometimes, instead of using the inserts, I use a prefold inside the cover. In fact, my favorite insert for this diaper is a bamboo flat! 

I spent the extra money to get the hemp/bamboo inserts for added absorbency. Also, I've read the microfiber ones tend to leak after months of use. I'm happy with the performance of the hemp/bamboo insert. However, it does stain. 

But the best part of using inserts is the ability to reuse the cover! As long as the cover is not dirty, you simply unsnap the soiled insert and replace it with a dry one. I LOVE this system! Although, it should be noted that dear husband prefers pocket diapers.


This diaper is extremely well made, including double elastic on the leg holes. I have never had a poop problem with a Best Bottom diaper. Little K has typical breastfed poos, so that's really impressive-NO blowouts with this diaper. Sometimes the elastic will get a little soggy-I think LK would need the doubler to go more than 3 or 4 hours with this diaper.

Bottom Line: You can't go wrong with this one! Experiment to find the inserts (or fitted diapers) that work best for you.










2 comments:

  1. We've always used pockets but this sounds just as easy for night time use! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just got a microfiber doubler last week-it works GREAT-no more dripping wet inserts. Best Bottom is definitely an asset to any diaper stash!

      Delete