Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cloth Diaper Review: Blueberry-Part 2

Besides my Blueberry diaper with the microterry inserts, I also have one with bamboo inserts. This diaper (Swaddlebees) has a cotton velour lining and cotton/bamboo inserts. The exterior is soft minky.


The best thing about bamboo inserts is their thinness. This helps the diaper be a lot more trim. However, the rest of the diaper has plenty of space....so you can stuff it with different inserts. I have used the microterry insert in this diaper with the same success as the bamboo inserts. I was shocked to find the bamboo to have almost the same absorbency as microterry. Basically, it absorbs as much as the regular microterry insert without the doubler. So, it gets a little soggy when used for overnight, but it doesn't get dripping wet. 

I really don't care for this diaper because it is so wide across the bottom. Unlike my other Blueberry diaper, it doesn't keep Little K perfectly dry all night, so I only reach for this one if it is the last thing in the drawer. I know I've never had a leak...but I'm not sure LK's really tested it in that area, either.

Bottom Line: A nice diaper for an older baby, but go for the microterry inserts if you want higher absorbency.

No comments:

Post a Comment