Thursday, August 7, 2014

Almond Cranberry Granola Bites

Do any other breastfeeding mothers feel like they're always starving or is it just me? I have eaten so much food today, I don't even want to think about it.

One of my healthy snack foods has been granola bites. I got started with Funfetti Granola Bites, but, like my husband pointed out, they're too sweet. So, I tried to find healthier granola recipes. I tweaked this Almond Cranberry Granola recipe to fit my tastes. The original recipe called for peanut butter (why do that when almond butter is available?).


After assembling the ingredients, mix everything together and chill for about 30 minutes.






Use one of these nifty scoops to shape the bites. TA-DA!





Almond Cranberry Granola Bites

1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Chill 30 minutes. Scoop into bites. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment