Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Down in the Daycare Dumps

So, everyone said, "It's going to be so hard to leave her." Confession: It wasn't. I knew Little K would enjoy playing and watching the other kids. She had been taking a bottle of formula regularly for me during mid day. While she was shy around others, when I wasn't around, she didn't seem to care... So I left her, smiling and cooing, at daycare, confident she would enjoy herself.



WRONG! When I picked Little K up from her first day (only a half day) she was screaming. The daycare provider confided that Little K had bawled the whole time and refused to eat. My provider had rocked her, walked around with her, tried to distract her with toys, the pacifier, and a bottle to no avail. Little K quieted the instant I picked her up.

I spent hours crying, thinking, "She thought that she had to cry for FOUR HOURS until I came for her." To top off my anguish, the provider said she won't take Little K if she won't eat. (When we got home, Little K took 4 ounces from her bottle.)

What am I going to do? Well, we're trying it again, with pumped breastmilk instead of formula, and LOTS of prayer. Fingers crossed for a better half day this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment